Do you have cool ideas for guinea pigs? Just send them to us on this form.
If your guinea pig is cold, this is the purrfect outfit to keep it warm.
• Large, old sock
• String or ribbon
1. Cut off the tip of the sock (where the toes normally go)
2. Cut three parallel lines through the top of the sock as pictured in the diagram blow labeled "Step 2"
3. Cut four holes on the bottom of the sock where your guinea pig's feet will stick through
4. Once the snuggie is on your guinea pig, tie the string or ribbon around its waist to prevent it from coming off
• Wash the snuggie as you would a regular sock
Guinea Pig Nests
To protect your guinea pig against the cold you can make it a cozy nest.
• Plastic, wood, or metal platform
• Fleece blanket
1. Attach the hutch (which should be in an arch) to the platform
2. Glue a strip of velcro to the inside of the hutch and platform (prickly side)
3. Cut the blanket to fit the inside of the hutch
4. Attach it to the velcro (it should stick by itself)
• When the blanket is dirty, remove it from the hutch and platform, shake it off, and wash.